Friday, June 29, 2012

The Broken Wood

"You're wasting your life being involved with me."
"I'm not wasting anything."
"But I might never recover. Will you wait for me forever? Can you wait 10 years, 20 years?"
"You're letting yourself be scared by too many things," I said, "The dark, bad dreams, the power of the dead. You have to forget them. I'm sure you'll get well if you do."
"If I can," said Naoko, shaking her head.
"If you can get out of this place, will you live with me?" I asked.
"Then I can protect you from the dark and from bad dreams. Then you'd have me instead of Reiko to hold you when things go difficult." Naoko pressed still more firmly against me.
"That would be wonderful," she said.

 -  Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood


This is my most fave part of Norwegian Wood written by Haruki Murakami. Simply sweet. :)
You feel great by having someone who'll stand next to you and hold your hands tight, saying everything's going to be alright in the end... But when you have no one, will you be able to stand up by your own, wipe all your tears away, and hold your own hand to make it feel like you're not alone?

You will be able to, no, you have to be able to. You are strong. :') 



Breathe - Original song by Taylor Swift ft. Colbie Caillat; Covered awesomely by Boyce Avenue

No comments: